Lead generation content is the new way to gain leads into your pipeline. It is about earning trust by giving prospects a taste of your service or product offering.
Here are some good examples of lead generation content I have come across in the past week. See how you might apply these ideas to your small business. Love to hear about your lead generation content.
Harris Scarf had a used a recipe as a lead generation tool and it also advertises their new frypans.
Home Improvement Pages has launched a competition to build a Inspirational Board from its viewers. Very clever as it will also enable people to socially share ideas and build the popularity of the board like Houzz.
Key Takeaways for a Content Marketing Strategy
For a website to serve as an effective hub for a content marketing strategy, it should include:
- free content that focuses on the client’s interests, not the firm’s story;
- a regularly updated blog that helps potential clients appreciate the expertise of the firm;
- search engine optimized (SEO) terms that improve the site’s chance of being included in search results;
- a “Library” or “Resource Center” made up of higher-value content that users receive in exchange for contact information;
- calls to action that encourage visitors to exchange their email address for valuable content; and
- easy-to-use forms that allow users to provide information without frustration.