“87% of buyers go out and look for advice before choosing. Social media plays a role but more than two out of three start with a search on Google…
Great report with insights as to how we buy. Download report here
Key take aways:
1. Buyers are seeking out more content that is relevant and educational.
2. Buyers are seeking out word of mouth on special forums like LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook. They are looking for recommendations and peer approval. Those reviews are very important!
3. The more a person downloads content from you the more likely they will eventually buy from you.
4. People are starting to streamline their social interaction using platforms like nimble or sproutsocial, tweekdeck etc to aggregate all social activity.
5. Buyer behaviour is different at each stage of the buying process. Early on buyers are looking for information that is more general in nature. The decision making process then moves to identifying the problem and then the supplier.
6. Buyers are accessing information on ipads, smartphones and tablets more than the traditional laptop.
7. SEO is important part of your strategy. Making sure your content is created with your buyer in-mind and that you have optimised the key words and headings is very important.